Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Congratulations Mr. President!

I am so proud! This is the most momentous happy occasion that has taken place in my lifetime. There have been momentous unhappy occasions, such as 9/11 and the death of Princess Diana, but this is a positive moment that will change me forever.

I don’t know about you but I am numb. I feel overwhelmed and in a state of shock over having helped create such a historic event. And to be watching CNN when they were the first to declare Barack Obama president-elect is a moment I will never forget.

What was even more amazing was the extent to which the world was watching. They said on the news that 78 countries were watching. I spoke to friends in Australia and Austria and their entire countries were on the edge of their seats. My husband spoke to a friend in France who couldn't wait to hear the news and our choir director's family in Norway was watching excitedly.

I am thrilled and proud, but also a little bit numb at the enormity of this event and the fact that I played a role in it. My husband says that Barack Obama was not born, he was sent. I think he is right.

Now I can't wait for January 20th to see him sworn into office!

Please check out my novel, In Fashion's Web on Amazon.

No comments: