Friday, September 12, 2014

Introducing ... April Kry

For three years, I took voice lessons from George Evanish in Trumbull. Great teacher. I love how we would always start out with exercises. oh oh oh oh oh. ee ee ee ee ee. eye eye eye eye eye. ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh. Repeating each one on the next highest note until I couldn't go any farther, then doing the same on the down scale. My range is B to a high E, I think. It's been a while.

Anyway, all these years, we've kept in touch, and he would constantly talk about April, this student of his who he said, she's really got what it takes, I think she's really going to make it. And every time she had a special event where she was singing he would tell me about it.

So last week I picked up Country Weekly magazine from the supermarket newsstand. I don't usually buy it. But I love glossy magazines and I love country. So I thought I would treat myself. And I'm flipping through the pages and lo and behold, on page 23, there is April!

Oh my God! Turns out, she moved to Nashville -- her parents moved there for her career -- and now she has her first single out, "Beauty Queen." And it's really good.

I never met her but I feel like I know her because George told me about her so often. And I'm so excited! I feel like one of our own is making it big!

So I wanted to give her a shout out. Check out April Kry's first single, Beauty Queen, on Amazon or iTunes.

And go to http://www.aprilkry.com/ to read more about April Kry!

Please check out my novel, In Fashion's Web on Amazon.

No comments: