Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Peanut Oil? Really?

Had a great talk with a pharmacist recently who told me that Dunkin Donuts is frying their donuts in peanut oil and not telling anyone. My local storefront does have a sign posted that says "may contain nuts," but that's not the same thing. I sent an email to DD headquarters, but haven't gotten a response. Just checked out their web page and there's no place to write on the wall.

The pharmacist also said that some fast food chains are starting to do the same because it's cheaper and makes the food taste better.

So I guess those of us who are allergic to nuts need to starting asking in the places we normally wouldn't ask.

On a more positive note, Bachman air popped popcorn is made in a "nut free facility".

Please check out my novel, In Fashion's Web on Amazon.

No comments: