Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Two Thumbs Up for Domino's Pizza

I am not a Domino's Pizza customer. In fact, if I had my choice of pizzas, Domino's would be last on my list and I'd have to be pretty desperate to eat it.

But I have to give credit where credit is due, and credit is due to Domino's' current television campaign. If you've seen it, then you know what I mean. They bare all when announcing the results of a customer survey. "Our crust tastes like cardboard." "Our sauce tastes like ketchup."

Those are pretty strong statements to admit, but to do it in front of millions of TV viewers is about as vulnerable as it gets.

They are making a commitment to improve the quality of their menu, and I will leave it up to their customers to decide when and whether the new product will pass the test. But they're off to a great start. In this age of the consumer in control and the consumer as the influencer, Domino's gets the concept of transparency and how it leads to customer trust and loyalty.

For that reason, I give two thumbs way up for Domino's' current advertising strategy.

Please check out my novel, In Fashion's Web on Amazon.

No comments: