Sunday, November 01, 2009

This Is It - Two Thumbs Way Up

My husband and I went to see the Michael Jackson tribute "This Is It", a compilation of video footage made from the rehearsals of Michael's "last" tour. I thought it was excellent.

I had my doubts before I got there because I questioned how much footage could they possibly have and how far could they stretch it? I expected it to be padded with a lot of fluff. It wasn't. It turns out, they filmed literally everything during the practices, so they had a ton of original material to work with.

We got to see every dance move Michael planned to make, and every update and new twist to every song, which I thought he did an excellent job of. One thing Michael Jackson never did was stand still. He always evolved, and it showed in the practices for the "This Is It" concert tour.

Also, since the show was only eight days away when he died, all the video backdrop footage was already done, so they had all that to share, as well. And they did a great of showing the personalities of his team, which I thought was nice because he worked every day for months with these people and they became his family. The dancers were awesome and the show he was planning would have been absolutely amazing.

Anyway, bottom line, I thought it was totally worth the money and the time. I felt like I was at a concert. I felt like he was still alive. I felt like he had never left. Go see it.

Please check out my novel, In Fashion's Web on Amazon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree more!