Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Recycling to Save the Earth

When I was a junior in high school, the student body decided to sell recycled note paper and envelopes to make money for the class. They brought in a representative from the recycled paper company, whose name I, at this point, don't remember.

Instead of a straightforward boring speech, the man presented a slide show. A few years earlier, he took an entire summer off and decided to take a cross-country driving trip. Early on, he picked up a hitchhiker who ended up spending the entire trip with him. The two took pictures of the beauty of America. Crystal blue water. Crisp mountain caps. Clean sandy beaches. Flowers. Blue skies. Dessert. Rich lush forests. You name it. He accompanied his slide show with the song, Rocky Mountain High by John Denver.

That day, when I viewed those slides and listened to that melodic song, I fell in love with the planet, and I'm still in love with it today. Every time I hear Rocky Mountain High I picture that slide show and the beauty of America.

That's why I am so fanatical about recycling. I hate to see this living planet be destroyed by humans. I'm doing my part. Are you?

Please check out my novel, In Fashion's Web on Amazon.

No comments: