Thursday, December 20, 2007

Nicks Fans Are Concerned About the Wrong Thing

Last night on the news I heard something that really got my goat. Fans of the New York Nicks were holding up signs outside Madison Square Garden calling for Isiah Thomas to be fired. At first I thought, well, yeah, the guy does deserve to be fired. But it’s the reason why they were carrying signs that riled me.

The Nicks have lost 6 games in a row and the fans are outraged. Where were they when he was being tried and eventually found guilty for sexual harassment? Why weren’t they calling for his firing then? Was that not more important than the Nicks losing 6 games? Are you kidding??!!!!

It’s a pitifully sad day in America when we value winning over integrity and having a conscience.

Please check out my novel, In Fashion's Web on Amazon.

No comments: